Life's Little Surprises

I'm gonna be a mom, again! Life is full of surprises, and this is a major one for me. I'll record my feelings, pregnancy progress, and general life happenings here.

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Greenish yellow goo

Yeah, that's the color of the nasty stuff that was coming out of my baby girl's ear. Totally gross. Thursday I picked her up from the sitter at about 5:15pm. I noticed this crusty stuff on her ear and went to wipe it away. Well, the sitter tells me she woke up about a half hour before I got there and her ear was like that. I looked into her ear and it was greenish yellow goo and smelled so nasty. So, I took Noah home to his daddy and proceeded to visit urgent care.

Have you ever been to an urgent care facility? It's stupid. You go to get a sick child some medical attention and it takes them 3 hours to get you seen. Ridiculous. Thankfully this time it only took about 2 hours. The doctor said Jasmine had an ear infection and her little eardrum had burst. I about freaked. I mean, I knew that's probably what had happened, but I was hoping I was wrong. Of course there's no residual effects from it, but still. I didn't even realize she was sick!!! She was a little fussy, but had her immunizations on the 20th, so I just chalked it up to that. She didn't run a fever, never stopped eating or taking her bottle, nothing. So, she now has to take antibiotics for the next 10 days, and has to have antibiotic ear drops put in her ear 3 times a day. She hates the ear drops already.

She is acting just fine. Doesn't even seem to notice that her ear is grody. I've cleaned it up, and the oozing has slowed way down. I guess I just would have thought I'd have known if she was sick enough to have her little eardrum burst. The whole incident made me feel like crap. I mean, what mother doesn't notice these things, right? I didn't realize she could have an infection that bad and not run a fever or something, anything that would have given me indication. Thank goodness she's on the mend.

If I never see that kinda gooey, nasty stuff again, it'll be too soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:27 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I know this was a while ago and I am sure all is fine now but I my heart went out to you because you were feeling bad. These things happen and when you have three kids and job and house... it definitely happens. I hope you are doing well and all of your kiddos and hubby too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home