Life's Little Surprises

I'm gonna be a mom, again! Life is full of surprises, and this is a major one for me. I'll record my feelings, pregnancy progress, and general life happenings here.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

My baby is growing up.....

Tuesday is Jasmine's 2nd birthday. Oh how the time flies by. She's so big and just getting bigger every day. Today we celebrated her birthday with a "My Little Pony" themed party. She LOVES horseys. Only she calls them "hawsee's". It's too cute. She received lots of really nice presents, and had a great time with everyone. Here's the cake I made with a Wilton shaped cake pan called "Precious Pony". I fudged a bit on the colors, but I think the cake came out great!





The two little circles on the pony's rump are the candles. I didn't think to take a picture of it before I stuck those in there! Jasmine couldn't wait to stick her fingers into that hawsee cake. She ate two pieces, and didn't even throw any on the floor, which is what she normally does with her food when she doesn't want anymore. Guess she liked it!


I can't tell you how much I love being a mother to a daughter. If God hadn't given me Jasmine, I would have been happy and content to be a mother to my beautiful boys, but having a daughter is a whole different dimension. It's like I now have so many new and fun things to look forward to. I love that I can put her hair in pigtails, and that I can dress her up in little dresses and pretty shoes. Mostly though, I look forward to that day when she's a grown woman, and we are friends. Like my own mother and I. I pray that when Jaz is a big girl that we will have that special relationship like the one I have with my own mom. I pray that she'll talk to me about the things in her life that mean the most, and that when she's happy we can laugh together, and when she's sad we can cry together. I can just imagine wiping away her tears after her first broken heart, and helping her get ready for her first real date. I look forward to her wedding day and her first child and seeing the beautiful person I pray she'll come to be. Yeah, having a daughter is such a blessing.


So, Happy Birthday, my sweet Jasmine Faith. I love your little "keesis" when you pucker your cute little lips, and I love your sweet smell after a bath. I love how you wrap your little arms around my leg and say "I wuv yewww Mommy" and how you rub my forehead and say "Sowwy" when you think you hurt me. I love how you want to "hold me" and how you tell me "you a mess". I love you so much, baby girl. My little go-go bebay. Don't grow up too fast.





Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home