Life's Little Surprises

I'm gonna be a mom, again! Life is full of surprises, and this is a major one for me. I'll record my feelings, pregnancy progress, and general life happenings here.

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Holy batwings, Batman! A new blog post!

I really wish I was better at this, but I'm not. Obviously, right? Sorry I haven't posted anything in like, a year and a half, but life's been busy. And I'm lazy, I guess. Anywho, here's a bit of an update.

My daughter is so wonderful! She is going to be 2 on December 16th, and she's gonna put me in an early grave! Her favorite word is a tie between "fine!" and "shit!" I know, it's so not funny. I totally wish she had never learned that hateful word, but how you gonna keep a kid from saying fine? I'm kidding. Really. We've pretty much got the "shit" word out of her vocabulary, but she said it tonight because Daddy said it, and if Daddy says it, she has to repeat it. She has tons of other words and sentences in her little bag of baby tricks, but I think my favorite is when she grabs my leg and wrinkles her little button nose and says "I yub yew Mommy". My heart becomes mush and I just have to kiss those cute little cheeks. She now has enough hair for pigtails, long enough legs for cute flair-leg jeans, and enough teeth to really hurt if she decides to bite you. She's getting so big, so fast, and my heart is so full of happiness, and so sad at the same time. After all, she's the last baby, and I already miss the her baby-ness.

Noah is doing really well. He's in preschool 5 days a week at the public school Isaiah goes to. It's a program offered by the school district, and it's free! He LOVES school. He told me it was his favorite thing to do, which is great since Isaiah seems to hate school. Noah sports a mohawk right now, and has since the beginning of summer, which he thinks is rockin' cool. The one thing that bothers me: lovenotes. Yep, you read it right. He's 5! When I got home from work tonight, he said "Mom, I gotta show you my lovenotes. They're from Madison. She likes me." OMG. I just want to puke. So, he brings me this monolith of paper, that has cute little preschool pictures on them, and they are all glued shut. He says we have to "hot water" them so we can get them open. As I'm tearing one open, because I have no idea what "hot water" them means, he says "Uh, don't tear them! They're my lovenotes!" Holy crap, they start early!

Isaiah is doing well also. He's in 3rd grade, and aside from a shitty little kid in his class that seems to have it out for him, he's excelling. He's smart, reading at a 4th grade level, and is well liked by everyone except aforementioned shitty kid. And he's growing up. I've been fighting the preteen stage for a while now, but it's getting closer with every blink of my eyes. He's talking about girls a little bit, and wants to be rockin' cool like "everyone else". And he's asked the dreaded "Is Santa real?" question. I'm choosing to be oblivious because I just don't want him to grow up yet. Of course, if he's asks again, I will tell him the truth, but for today, I'm pretending that he didn't ask. I don't want him to lose the magic and innocence of childhood just because some kids at school can't keep their mouths shut. I know I can't keep him a baby forever, but I just want one more year. Until next year, and then I'll probably want that year too, but I'm willing to try and let him grow up. :)

Sweetie is doing ok too. He's had surgery on both of his knees for some pretty gnarly meniscus tears, but he's healing well. His most recent disaster was getting a piece of metal in his eye when he was grinding something. That was an interesting day spent at the hospital. He's almost healed from that too. It's almost like having a fourth child sometimes. Ok, most of the time. But I love him with all my heart anyway. I just have to keep extra bandaids around.

I'm doing well. I'm pretty exhausted since I'm now working full time, attending college full time, and have the 4...er, 3....kids. I just passed my first college class with a 97.6%, so I'm pretty stoked about that. My next class starts next Tuesday and I'm really not as prepared as I'd like to be. I'll have to do some major text reading this weekend and get a paper written that's due the first night of class.

I have some other news, but I think I will save it for tomorrow. It's about my best friend, and it's just too long a story to tact onto this post.

Last thing for now is this: the animal collection. We still have Butter, our St. Bernard. But we've acquired some new furbabies. First, we got a full grown great dane named Duke. He is the sweetest dog ever, and has the neatest personality. He is older, so is really in his senior years, but any time with him is well spent. And second, is my birthday (which was yesterday) and Christmas present. A great dane puppy named Diesel. He's all black with a white patch on his chest and one foot that has all white toes. He's so freakin' cute, and just as sweet as he can be. And of course we still have Blue, the cat. We are a full house!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 AM, Blogger Brenda said…

    Ya know, it's not the same without pics! Grrr.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home