Life's Little Surprises

I'm gonna be a mom, again! Life is full of surprises, and this is a major one for me. I'll record my feelings, pregnancy progress, and general life happenings here.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Stuff from here and there

Lots of stuff going on around here.

The boys have both started baseball, which is fun. Jasmine loves going and watching them practice. Games start the weekend of April 24th. Isaiah is doing well, but he doesn't care to be an outfielder, which is what he is for this season. Noah just loves playing no matter what position it is.

February 23 was a sad day. Sweetie's best friend and his wife had their baby that day. She was 5 weeks early. It would have been a great day, except her water broke, the baby was breach, the cord came out first. By the time they got the baby out, she had already died and they couldn't bring her back. She was 5lbs and 1 oz. Her name was Alexandra Lanee and she was beautiful. We went to the hospital to see them that night, and they still had Alex with them. I held her and loved her as much as I could. And I have to say, it might sound creepy to some, but holding her even though she'd passed was not weird at all. It was rather like she was sleeping. Alex was their first baby.

March 20th was the anniversary of my Danyelle's death. Talk about a crappy day. I had to work, but it was just a really blah day. Some people at work noticed what day it was, but not many. She worked with those same people for 10 years, and only a handful remembered. It made my heart so much sadder to know she didn't rate high enough in their memory to warrant a moment of silence or a quick story or even just a smile. I miss her so much, and each day I wonder how I'll get through the rest of my life without her.

On a brighter note, two weeks ago we purchased new 4 wheelers for the family. Noah has a Yamaha Raptor 50, Isaiah has a Suzuki 90, I have a Suzuki 250, and Sweetie has a Suzuki 400. Jasmine even has a powerwheels one, and it's a Kawasaki. lol We bought the Raptor off a guy my cousin knows, but the Suzuki's are all new. It is so freakin' fun to ride them! Of course we all have helmets and do not ride without them. We like to go down to my parents house and ride around on their property. The kids totally dig the quads, especially when they can haul ass along the property without worrying about cars or people. It's great!

I am going through college just fine. It's hard to keep up sometimes, but it's worth it. I'm totally stoked that my mom is thinking about going to college!! Yay! I don't know if she'll really do it, but I hope she does. It's so hard to get a good job without a college degree anymore, and she's way smart enough to do it. My sister is fixin' to graduate with her Masters degree this summer! Holy crap! I'm so proud of her for sticking with it and getting her Masters. I think I'm gonna get mine too, but she's only 26, and I'll be like 33 or 34 before I get mine. Geesh. See what happens when you quit college? Your baby sister gets done before you do! :)

Anyway, I guess that's all I got for now. Things are pretty boring around here for the most part. I'm tired alot and really just don't have the time to update here like I want to. Hopefully I'll have more time when baseball is over. Until then......

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home